Well here it is, if you wanted to install the famous Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on your Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) now you can with the AOKP custom ROM. And this custom firmware was just released two days ago. And this ROM is based on the 4.2.2 firmware.
I will be showing you a tutorial below on how to install this custom ROM. Before you install this custom ROM you will need to have a custom ClockworkMod(CWM) recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
As I say on all of my tutorials, warning I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to your device, proceed at your own risk.
- Backup all data, settings and apps.
- Backup EFS folder.
- Make sure device is at 80% battery.
- Your device MUST be rooted and have ClockworkMod installed.
- Do this only if your phone is Factory unlocked it will not work on phones locked to a carrier.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
1. Download Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AOKP Custom ROM Here
2.Download Google Apps for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Here
3. Get your Device and Connect it to your Computer with a USB cable.
4. Copy the files you downloaded and paste to your memory card.
5. Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn off the phone.
6. Boot in to ClockworkMod on your device by pressing and holding Volume up, Power and home buttons all together until the Samsung logo pops up.
7. In ClockworkMod recovery select wipe data/factory reset, then on the next screen select yes to perform the wipe and wait till it is complete. After that scroll to "flash zip from SD" card press the power button to select.
8. Press the Power button again and then just select "choose zip from sd card"
9. Scroll with the volume keys to select the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Rom zip file that you copied to your SD card and select using power button.
10. Once the install is complete do the same as you did on step 9 but this time select the Google Apps and install.
11. After the install is done go back the first recovery menu and select reboot system now, the first time the phone boots up it will take some time so be patient.
There you go after your Samsung Galaxy S2 boots up you will be running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AOKP Custom ROM!